The beauty of this game is its' simplicity - catch the ball and answer one of the questions by one of your thumbs. The questions have been carefully chosen such that anyone will have an answer that relates to them personally, whether it's their favourite biscuit or something they did as a child for example.
These questions work like a key to unlock memories that lead to more detailed discussions and will inevitably involve sharing great memories and reminiscence about things the participants value and enjoy.
Perfect for one-to-one or group activities.
"We introduced the ball onto the residential and nursing units and they have gone down well with staff and residents. Not all residents can read the question so we help when needed, but this has sparked some good conversations. The size of the ball makes it easy to catch so everyone can join in."
Sue Goodrich, Activity Coordinator
Prince George Duke of Kent Court
"The ball has generated a lot of laughter. We even used it at a conference to explore the group.When using the ball we learned one lady loved to watch Coronation Street and her favourite biscuit was a chocolate digestive. Including this information in a person's care plan is invaluable."
Geraldine Rodgers, Nurse Consultant
North East London NHS Foundation Trust
- Encourages people to discuss familiar, comfortable information that is unique to them
- Enables people to express meaningful, personal preferences in a no-pressure situation
- Prompts unchallenging interaction
- Promotes physical movement and hand-eye coordination
- Generates information carers can utilise to make people happier and more comfortable
- 6" / 150mm diameter