Learning Aims and Outcomes
Course Title: Anaphylaxis with Adrenaline Auto Injector
Course length 2-3 hours
Maximum number to attend - 15
This course is aimed at all staff who may be required to administer an Adrenaline Auto Injector in the event on an aphylactic reaction.
The course is primarily theoretical but does include a practical session with trainer injector pens.
At the end of the training session, there is a short written assessment to evidence the learning of the attendees
Introduction to Allergies
· What an allergy is?
· Examples of common allergies
What is Anaphylaxis
· Understand what anaphylaxis is
· What happens during anaphylaxis
· Understand why anaphylaxis is life threatening
· Who is at risk
· Types of reaction
· Signs and symptoms
· Preventing Anaphylaxis
· Food allergies
· What to do is someone is suffering from a reaction
Treatment of Anaphylaxis
· What is Epinephrine?
· What are Adrenaline Auto Injectors
· Jext auto injector
· Epi Pen
· Demonstration of how to use the auto injector
Demonstrate the following:
· Epi Pen / Jext Pen / Emerade
· Recovery Position
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first to write a review.
Do you bring equipment?
We bring all required equipment with us
How long do certificates last
Please See the Individual courses, on how long certificates last
Do your trainers come to us?
Our Trainers can provide training at your venue. Or you can come to our fully equipped training rooms.