Learning Aims and Outcomes
Course Title: Medication Awareness and Competency Sign off
Course length – 6 hours
Maximum number to attend – 12 (maximum for competency sign off – 6)This course is aimed at all staff involved with administering medication.The course begins with an overview of relevant legislation and guidance and provides awareness around administering medication as well as storage of medication.During the afternoon session, delegates (maximum of 6) will be assessed for competency by participating in a role play for administration of medication. The remainder of the group will complete a Medication Workbook Assessment whilst waiting for their individual assessment.
Introduction - Laws and Legislation
· Understand the relevant laws and legislation applicable to medication administration and how these directly apply to care staff.
Administration of Medication
Running out of Medication
British National Formulary (BNF)
· Identify how to administer
· Check medication against MAR sheet.
· Understand what to do:
· Discuss in what circumstances BNF is used.
· Identify the importance of:
Consent and Capacity
· The importance of consent
· Convert Medication
Taking delivery of Medication
· Discuss process of documenting delivering of medication.
· Actions taken if medication cannot be accepted
· Have an understanding of the importance of base levels; be able to identify a change in an individuals condition and record/report appropriately.
· Medication Administration Record Information that must be included
· Recording information conforming to the Data Protection Act.
(this will be specific to each service provider common medications will be identified at the start of the training session)
· Identify medications used:
Medication Competency Sign off
(Maximum 6 delegates for sign off)
· Complete medication work book
· Assessment for competency in administering medication by Registered Nurse.
· Signed competency documented will be provided to the on-site Manager.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first to write a review.
Do you bring equipment?
We bring all required equipment with us
How long do certificates last
Please See the Individual courses, on how long certificates last
Do your trainers come to us?
Our Trainers can provide training at your venue. Or you can come to our fully equipped training rooms.