Learning Aims and Outcomes
Course Title: Manual Handling – Inanimate Objects
Course length – 3 hours
Maximum number to attend - 15
This course is aimed at all staff in health and social care.
At the end of the training session, there is a short written assessment to evidence the learning of the attendees.
Introduction - Legislation
· Identify key pieces of legislation that relate to moving and assisting. (13.3a)
· List tasks relating to moving and handling that they are not allowed to carry out until they are competent. (13.3b)
· Explain the importance of working in accordance with policies and procedures
Basic Anatomy and Physiology
· Identify basic anatomy of the spine.
· Explain the functions of various anatomy of the spine.
· Describe how injuries can occur.
· Demonstrate neutral posture.
· Identify where to access risk assessments and safe systems of work.
· Describe ways to avoid manual handling where possible.
· Explain the importance of following safe systems of work.
· Know the actions to take if a risk assessment doesnt reflect true practice and identify who to report it to.
· List the 5 key steps to risk assessment.
Safe Moving and Assisting Techniques
· Be able to demonstrate and apply good manual handling technique within the workplace
· Be aware of and understand manual handling risk assessments that apply to your work and assess how to avoid hazardous manual handling
Further Advice and Support
· Identify where to access further advice and support regarding manual handling.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first to write a review.
Do you bring equipment?
We bring all required equipment with us
How long do certificates last
Please See the Individual courses, on how long certificates last
Do your trainers come to us?
Our Trainers can provide training at your venue. Or you can come to our fully equipped training rooms.