Learning Aims and Outcomes
Course Title: Personal Care
Course length – 3 hours
Maximum number to attend - 15
This course is aimed at all staff in health and social care.
This training course has a theoretical aspect but comprises primarily of a practical session on a full sized manikin.
Introduction Best Practice in Personal Care
· Identify what is best practice with regard to personal care.
· Legislation, policies and guidelines for assessing risk
· Rationale for undertaking personal care
· Explore diversity and individual needs
· Discuss consent and confidentiality
· The importance of appropriate documentation
· Discuss possible issues with regard to safeguarding
· Definitions of personal care and risk management
· Identify factors affecting personal care
· Assessment of personal hygiene
· Culture of care and quality
· Principles of skin care
· Anatomy and physiology of the skin
· Care of skin, hair, mouth, nails & feet and ears and nose
· Participate in top to toe assessment and personal care on a full-sized training manikin which will include:
o How to support a service user with washing and dressing
o How to spot symptoms of the adverse effects of pressure
o How to assist with oral hygiene needs
o How to ensure that a service users hair is brushed in accordance with their wishes.
o Carry out catheter care
o Carry out convene care
o How to change incontinence pads correctly
o How to use body maps when there are concerns for a persons heath or wellbeing.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first to write a review.