Learning Aims and Outcomes
Course Title: Fluids and Nutrition
Course length – 3 hours
Maximum number to attend - 15
This course is aimed at all staff in health and social care.
At the end of the training session, there is a short written assessment to evidence the learning of the attendees. This course includes a brief introduction to the new International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative
Introduction - Principles of Hydration and Nutrition
· Explain what is meant by the term malnutrition
· Explain the importance of good nutrition and hydration in maintaining health and wellbeing. (8.1b)
· List signs and symptoms of poor nutrition and hydration. (8.1c)
· Explain how to promote adequate nutrition and hydration. (8.1d)
Support for Individuals
Support individuals to have access to fluids in accordance with their plan of care
Support individuals to have access to food and nutrition in accordance with their plan of care.
· Understand what constitutes a healthy, balanced diet.
· List the five food groups that make up a healthy, balanced diet.
· Explain how to use the Eatwell Plate to portion food appropriately.
· Explain the importance of nutrition screening tools to identify malnutrition.
· Identify a variety of ways that food can be cooked.
· Explore food requirements for different religious groups
International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI)
· Understand what is IDDSI?
· Discuss the IDDSI framework
· Mapping to IDDSI
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first to write a review.
Do you bring equipment?
We bring all required equipment with us
How long do certificates last
Please See the Individual courses, on how long certificates last
Do your trainers come to us?
Our Trainers can provide training at your venue. Or you can come to our fully equipped training rooms.