Learning Aims and Outcomes
Course Title: Fire Warden
Course length – 3-5 hours depending on size of building and numbers attending
Maximum number to attend - 12
This course is aimed at all staff in health and social care.
At the end of the training session, there is a short written assessment to evidence the learning of the attendees.
Introduction - Legislation
· Understand Fire Safety Legislation including Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
· Interpret and learn from fire statistics
Roles and Responsibilities
· Be aware of Fire Warden/Marshal duties in an emergency and everyday role
· Understand the responsibility of checking fire equipment and/or safety systems on a regular basis
· Understand the Fire Wardens responsibility in the event of a fire or fire alarm ensure that their area has been completely evacuated to a safe area without putting themselves at risk.
· Discuss the skills/attitude needed for the role
· Understand the importance of staff legal responsibilities regarding fire
Fire Risk Assessment
· Understand the need for a Fire Safety Risk Assessment
· What should be included in Fire Safety Risk Assessment
Personal Emergency Evacuation Procedure (PEEPS)
· Appreciate the importance of PEEPS (Personal Emergency Evacuation Procedures)
· Understand the importance of fire prevention (including walk round premises if applicable)
· Know all the fire procedures at premises
· Have a knowledge of the psychology of human behaviour in fire
· Be aware of evacuation equipment at premises, suitability and use of, including video and practical, (must pre notify T2C of equipment in use to allow preparation)
· Organising of fire drills (if appropriate)
· Use of Fire Extinguisher
· Use of Fire Blanket
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first to write a review.
Do you bring equipment?
We bring all required equipment with us
How long do certificates last
Please See the Individual courses, on how long certificates last
Do your trainers come to us?
Our Trainers can provide training at your venue. Or you can come to our fully equipped training rooms.