Learning Aims and Outcomes
Course Title: Fire Marshal
Course length – 3 hours
Maximum number to attend - 15
This course is aimed at all staff in health and social care.
At the end of the training session, there is a short written assessment to evidence the learning of the attendees.
Introduction - Legislation
· Understand Fire Safety Legislation including Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
· Interpret and learn from fire statistics
Roles and Responsibilities
· Be aware of Fire Warden/Marshal duties in an emergency and everyday role
· Understand the Fire Marshals responsibility during a fire or fire alarm direct the evacuation of all personnel to a safe place in their area
· Know the skills/attitude needed for the role
· Know the importance of Staff legal responsibilities regarding fire
Fire Risk Assessment
· Understand the need for a Fire Safety Risk Assessment
· What should be included in Fire Safety Risk Assessment
Personal Emergency Evacuation Procedure (PEEPS)
· Appreciate the importance of PEEPS (Personal Emergency Evacuation Procedures)
· Understand the importance of fire prevention (including walk round premises if applicable)
· Know all the fire procedures at premises
· Have a knowledge of the psychology of human behaviour in fire
· Be aware of evacuation equipment at premises, suitability and use of, including video and practical, (must pre notify T2C of equipment in use to allow preparation)
· Be aware of their responsibility to direct the evacuation of all persons to a safe place in their area.
· Organising of fire drills (if appropriate)
· Use of Fire Extinguisher
· Use of Fire Blanket
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first to write a review.
Do you bring equipment?
We bring all required equipment with us
How long do certificates last
Please See the Individual courses, on how long certificates last
Do your trainers come to us?
Our Trainers can provide training at your venue. Or you can come to our fully equipped training rooms.