Learning Aims and Outcomes
Course Title: Essentials of GDPR
Course length – 3 hours
Maximum number to attend – 15
This course will cover the key purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
It is aimed primarily at people working within the health and social care sector at various levels who are responsible for handling personal data.
This course is a face to face training course. Learners will be expected to complete a written assessment upon to successfully complete the course.
Introduction to GDPR
· Explain the key changes from DPA to GDPR
· Explain what data is and the different types of data they work with
· Outline the six principles of GDPR
Roles and Responsibilities
· Explain what a data controller is
· Explain what data processing is
· Explain what a data subject is
· Accountability and governance
· Handling sensitive data in community settings (if applicable)
· Employee responsibility regarding social media.
· Data security when working with third parties
· Describe the importance of transparency relating to sensitive data
· Explain the role of the information commissioner
The Rights of Data Subjects
· Explain what a subject access request is
· Data subject rights
· Identify when a data breach occurs
· Process of reporting data breach.
· Investigating a data breach
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first to write a review.
Do you bring equipment?
We bring all required equipment with us
How long do certificates last
Please See the Individual courses, on how long certificates last
Do your trainers come to us?
Our Trainers can provide training at your venue. Or you can come to our fully equipped training rooms.