Learning Aims and Outcomes
Course Title: Awareness of Autism Spectrum Conditions
Course length 3.5 hours
Maximum number to attend - 15
This course is aimed at all health and social care staff who may have responsibility for the day to day care and support of an individual diagnosed with autism. This course will provide an understanding of the different autism spectrum conditions and the presentations associated with the conditions.
At the end of the training session, there is a short written assessment to evidence the learning of the attendees.
Introduction Autism Spectrum Conditions
· Describe what is meant by the term Autism Spectrum Conditions
· Identify different autism profiles
· Explain the prevalence of autism in the UK
· List the Traid+2 of impairment
· Explain how Autism Spectrum Conditions are diagnosed
· Describe differences in communication that can be experienced by people on the autism spectrum.
· Identify strategies to promote effective communication
· Describe differences in social interaction experienced by people on the autism spectrum
· Identify strategies to overcome barriers with social interaction
· Describe what is meant by Theory of Mind and how this relates to people on the autism spectrum
· Introduction to sensory processing
· Identify the eight main senses
· Explain how sensory processing can be different for people on the autism spectrum
· Explain why it is important to implement sensory diets
· Identify anxiety issues in autism
· Describe ways to support someone who is autistic and displaying signs of anxiety
· Describe what is meant by the term meltdown
· Identify ways to support someone who is experiencing a meltdown
· Explain the importance of person centred support
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first to write a review.
Do you bring equipment?
We bring all required equipment with us
How long do certificates last
Please See the Individual courses, on how long certificates last
Do your trainers come to us?
Our Trainers can provide training at your venue. Or you can come to our fully equipped training rooms.