Learning Aims and Outcomes
Course Title: Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool (MUST)
Course length – 3 hours
Maximum number to attend - 15
This course is aimed at all staff in health and social care.
At the end of the training session, there is a short written assessment to evidence the learning of the attendees
Introduction - Nutrition and wellbeing
· Identify what constitutes a balanced diet
· Define malnutrition
· Identify those who are at risk of malnutrition
· Identify consequences of malnutrition
· Explain why adequate hydration is vital for service users
· Explain why nutritional screening is important
· Identify when nutritional screening should take place
· Describe the importance of meeting nutritional needs in accordance to Regulation 14 of the Fundamental Standards
· Demonstrate accurate assessment of a persons BMI, weight loss percentage and the impact of acute illness on nutritional intake.
· Demonstrate the ability to measure MUAC (mid upper arm circumference) when it is not possible to obtain a persons weight and height.
· Demonstrate an ability to accurately calculate overall MUST risk score
· Explain how to use the MUST score to determine how to manage a persons nutritional needs
· Describe when a worker may need to make a referral to a healthcare professional.
· Describe how to develop a nutritional management care plan if necessary.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first to write a review.
Do you bring equipment?
We bring all required equipment with us
How long do certificates last
Please See the Individual courses, on how long certificates last
Do your trainers come to us?
Our Trainers can provide training at your venue. Or you can come to our fully equipped training rooms.