Course Structure & Delivery Method
Staff Supervision is a trainer led course that is delivered over 3 hours (half day) using a combination of PowerPoint presentation, manual, and discussions. This course is delivered in four units.
- Unit 1
- What is supervision?
- Supervision Policy
- Who can supervise?
- Unit 2
- Purpose of supervision
- Unit 3
- Starting Supervision
- Making a contract
- When supervision should happen
- Where supervision should happen
- Difficult Matters
- Unit 4
- Support for supervisors
The following areas are covered throughout the units: in-house policies and procedures, individual responsibilities and communication.
The aim is to help both managers and staff to understand:
- The purpose and functions of supervision
- The role of the supervisor.
- How supervision can be undertaken.
- The use of supervision contracts.
- Methods which can be used in supervision
By the end of this session candidates will be able to:
- Understand the purpose of supervision and their role in the process.
- Have an awareness of the different methods of supervision and be able to apply them to their practice.
- Understand how to assess and meet development needs of staff.
- Be aware of good practice in setting ground rules, contracts and boundaries in the supervision process
- Have explored the appropriate use of power in the supervision relationship and the links to anti-discriminatory practice
- Understand some of the issues around accountability, decision making and recording within supervision.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first to write a review.
Do you bring equipment?
We bring all required equipment with us
How long do certificates last
Please See the Individual courses, on how long certificates last
Do your trainers come to us?
Our Trainers can provide training at your venue. Or you can come to our fully equipped training rooms.