Learning Aims and Outcomes
Course Title: Bariatric Care
Course length 3 hours
Maximum number to attend - 15
This course is aimed at all staff working in the Health and Social Care sector who have the day to day responsibility of caring and supporting a bariatric resident.
This course does not cover the practical aspects of Moving and Assisting, this can be requested as a separate course.
At the end of the training session, there is a written assessment to evidence the learning of the attendees.
· What is meant by the term bariatric care?
· Understand what obesity is
· Identify different body shapes
· Discuss the impact of obesity
· Understand the health conditions related to obesity
· Treatments available for obesity
· Bariatric surgery
Admitting a bariatric resident to Care Home
· Discuss the potential challenges associated with a bariatric resident in the care home.
· Understand the practical aspects of moving and assisting, including risk assessing
· Identify bariatric equipment available
· Discuss the multi-disciplinary team involvement in bariatric care
· Discuss care planning
This course can be tailored to the bespoke needs of the customer.
Please speak to a member of the sales team for further details.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first to write a review.
Do you bring equipment?
We bring all required equipment with us
How long do certificates last
Please See the Individual courses, on how long certificates last
Do your trainers come to us?
Our Trainers can provide training at your venue. Or you can come to our fully equipped training rooms.